Wintercraft has reached Brazil!
LIVRO PERDIDO, the first book in the trilogy, is published in Brazil this month!
All three books in the series have been translated by the wonderful Dilma Machado, who has done a fantastic job. The cover is glossy and gorgeous, and it is published by Rocco who also publish the Harry Potter series in Brazil.
It is a thing of beauty.
As a celebratory treat, one of my fellow baking-mad friends sent me a recipe for peanut butter brownies, which are absolutely divine. The recipe is so good, I can't keep it to myself, but I warn you, one brownie will never be enough. Even Silas wouldn't be able to resist these dark slabs of peanutty goodness.
|The last brownie.|
100g dark chocolate
100g caster sugar
150g soft light brown sugar
2 beaten eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
150g crunchy peanut butter
80g plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease an 8inch square traybake or cake tin and line it with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a simmering pan of water.
- Once melted, let the chocolate cool while you do the rest.
- Whizz the butter and both sugars together with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Mix the vanilla extract into the beaten eggs and add it to the mix along with the peanut butter.
- Stir the mix together, then add the cooled chocolate and stir again.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, and stir them in gently.
- Pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let it cool in the tin, then cut into slices and dredge icing sugar over the top.